Application for 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarships For Postgraduate Studies Has Commence.
Chevening is the UK government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders. Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations, Chevening offers two types of award – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships – the recipients of which are personally selected by British Embassies and High Commissions throughout the world.
Chevening Scholarships in Nigeria are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one-year Master’s at any UK university. The scholarship programme provides a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
A Chevening Scholarship offers financial support along with the opportunity to become part of the highly regarded and influential Chevening global network.
Applicants from Nigeria can choose any course of study, but we particularly welcome applications in the following fields:
- Agricultural research
- Environmental science
- Financial services
- Good governance
- Human rights
- Humanitarian crises
- Infectious disease
- Job creation
- Power generation
- Prison services
- Science and innovation
- Small scale businesses
A Chevening Scholarship in Nigeria includes:
University tuition fees (Chevening applies a tuition fee cap of £18,000 to MBA programmes). Applicants will be expected to cover the remaining costs above the £18,000 cap)
- A monthly stipend
- Travel costs to and from the UK
- An arrival allowance
- Homeward departure allowance
- A thesis grant
- A grant for study materials
- Study travel allowance
- The cost of one visa application
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
Two references to be provided in a letter format and written in English
Valid passport/national ID card
University transcripts (undergraduate, postgraduate)
Three different UK Master’s course choices.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- Have at least two years’ work experience
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 14 July 2016
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 14th July 2016.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong)
- Are an employee, a relative of an employee, or a former employee (since July 2013) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, UK Trade and Investment, the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office), the British Council, a partner, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship. Chevening Alumni are not eligible to apply for a further scholarship but may be eligible to apply for a fellowship five years after completion of the first award.
- English language (if already met the requirements)
- UK Master’s university offer (if already met the requirements)
- You can submit your initial application without these optional documents and upload them to your application at any point up to 14 July 2016.
Application Closing Date
3rd November at 12:00 GMT (midday UK time)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application
N.B: If you are eventually conditionally selected for a Chevening Scholarship, it is essential that you provide evidence that you meet the Chevening English language requirements and that you have at least one offer from an eligible course before 14th July, 2016 in order to remain in the process.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Chevening Scholarship