Chevening UK Scholarship Award Application Is Ongoing | How To Apply for Chevening UK Scholarship Award For The 2018/2019 Session.
The Chevening Secretariat is accepting applications for 2018/2019 Chevening Scholarships and some Chevening Fellowships.
Table of Contents
About Chevening Scholarship Award
Chevening UK Scholarship Award: Chevening Scholarships are awarded to individuals with demonstrable leadership potential who also have strong academic backgrounds. The scholarship offers financial support to study for a master’s degree at any UK university and the opportunity to become part of an influential global network of 46,000 alumni.
To be eligible for a Chevening Award you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July 2018
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018
You are not eligible for a Chevening Award if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong)
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative of an employee (since July 2015) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/ High Commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, Department for International Trade, the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office), the British Council, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities. Employees, former employees, or relatives of an employee (since July 2015) of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but cannot receive a Chevening/Partner Award from the organisation for which they work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
(Note: Immediate relatives are defined as parents or step-parents, siblings or step-siblings, children or step-children, spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner (where the couple have been in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least two years)
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship. However, if you have previously studied under a UK Government-funded scholarship (including Chevening), you may be eligible to apply for a Chevening Fellowship five years after completion of your initial UK Government-funded scholarship.
Once submitted, applications undergo an electronic sift against our eligibility criteria. Any applications deemed ineligible will be removed from the selection process. Please note that once your application has been submitted, it is not possible to change it retrospectively.
In order to receive a Chevening Award, all applicants must demonstrate that they have fulfilled the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018. We advise all applicants to ensure they have fulfilled the English language requirement as early as possible by either:
Taking an English language test:
If you fail to demonstrate that you have met the required English language level by 12 July 2018 or fail to prove that you qualify for an exemption, your application will not be successful.
English language tests: You are free to take tests more than once in order to meet the Chevening English language requirement. Please note that Chevening does not pay for costs associated with English language testing. You are responsible for booking and paying for costs associated with these tests.
Chevening accepts English language tests from five providers:
- Academic IELTS
- Pearson PTE Academic
- TOEFL iBT
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CEA)
- Trinity ISE II (B2)
The English language test must be taken from one of these providers on or after 1 October 2015. If you do not already have an existing eligible test certificate, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have booked a test date so that you can obtain the required results.
Applicants are not permitted to take pre-sessional courses to fulfil the Chevening English language requirement. You will be required to take one of the approved English language tests unless you fall into one of the exempt categories.
Applicants are not permitted to enrol on pre-sessional courses to fulfil their university’s English language requirement or any other conditions of a university offer. Any offer from a university with a requirement to undertake a pre-sessional course will be considered conditional.
COURSES: Applicants will need to select three different master’s courses, these can be three different courses at the same institution or the same titled course but at three different universities. You should choose your field of study carefully and select courses which reflect your current or future career goals.
In order to be eligible, the courses you choose must be:
– Start in the autumn term (usually September/October)
– Lead to a master’s degree qualification
Course cannot be: Distance learning, Part-time, Less than nine months in duration, More than 12 months in duration, PhD or DPhil are not permitted.
Chevening UK Scholarship Award METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available at http://www.chevening.org/apply/. Detailed advice on applying for fellowships can be found through your country’s fellowship page.
Applications close at 12:00 GMT on 7 November 2017.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.