The Ondo State Government has directed all primary and secondary schools across the state to be closed for over ENDSARS protest.
Ondo governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, has directed all schools in the state to shut down with immediate effect due to the disruption caused by the #EndSARS protests.
A statement by the Education Commissioner, Femi Agagu, said “Mr Governor has directed that all schools that resumed on Monday 19th October 2020 are closed for the meantime from tomorrow 21st October 2020 because of the engulfing nationwide protest and the need to ensure safety of our students and staff.”
He said the state government regretted the inconveniences but would ensure the schools resumed “as soon as possible.”
The schools only resumed on Monday, after several months of closure following the ravaging COVID-19 pandemic.
A similar action had been taken by the Lagos and Ekiti State Governments as the protests continue to spread like wildfire.
Table of Contents
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.