Huawei is a leading global ICT solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Administrator
- Carry out installation, upgrade and maintenance of all enterprise databases which serve as a driver for all applications.
- Provide production database support in 24×7 operations environment.
- Ensure quality and standard are maintained in the environment
- Monitor and optimize database Server performance.
- Maintain high availability of database Servers.
- Perform support functions down to the last line of support before escalating to senior specialist.
- Ensure that security and integrity of the databases are maintained at all times.
- Back up databases and implement a backup strategy.
- Perform and automate administrative tasks and create custom administrative tools.
- Conduct database test restore and recovery at intervals to ensure validity of backup.
- Ensure architecture design, planning, implementation and optimization.
- Conduct troubleshooting and resolve problems/requests that are escalated by the Database Administrators
- Develop standards, guidelines and procedure for managing and maintaining the database.
- Perform and automate administrative tasks and create custome administrative tools.
Requirements, Education and Skills
- A tertiary qualification – Preferably BSc/HND in Computer Science or a related discipline
- OCA,OCP, MCP, MCDBA,MCSE, ITIL , TOGAF
- 4 -6 years Database Implementation and Design , experience in Oracle, MySQL, Mssql Databases .
- 3+ years Unix experience in Linux, Sun Solaris etc.
- 3+ years’ experience in IT related .
- Experience in database design and implementation.
- Knowledgeable in database performance tuning, backup and recovery.
- Knowledge on Infrastructure technologies covering Servers, database and Storage solutions and the architecture driving their evolution.
- Knowledge of application design and configuration.
- Depth knowledge of database and application security.
- Good interpersonal skills for written, oral and face to face communications.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Ability to work effectively with clients, management and staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and adapt to changing situations.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.