The approved guidelines for admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria have been released. Federal Government has directed that these guidelines should be strictly adhered to without any alteration.
Sequel to the recent workshop convened by the Honourable Minister of Education on the modalities for admissions into Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria, the Federal Government hereby approves the following guidelines for admissions:
Guidelines for Admission into Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria
- presentation of the list of candidates who qualify for screening into individual institution based on the stipulated guidelines by JAMB (find hereby enclosed);
- screening should not demand for another test in any form either written, oral or electronic;
- candidates are to present Their Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) results/Advanced Level (AL) results for verification and clearing purposes;
- WAEC, NECO, NABTEB results or equivalent are acceptable as maltriculation requirements;
- each candidate is expected to have a minimum of five (5) credits at SSCE including English, Mathematics and any other three (3) relevant subjects to his or her discipline;
- any candidate who does not possess the requirements as listed in item four (4) is deemed to have failed the screening process;
- the list of qualified candidates awaiting SSCE/AL results can be kept in view (K.I.V) pending the release of their results;
- consideration of the recommended list as forwarded by JAMB should be completed within one month from the date of receipt of the list;
- any Institution that has a shortfall in the admitted candidates can make-up for candidates from other departments on the institution list;
- the screening list has been uploaded on JAMB website – http://www.jamb.org.ng for possible users;
- reason (s) for rejection of candidates on the list should be clearly stated with proofs provided alongside; and
- the Federal Government has directed that these guidelines should be strictly adhered to without any alteration.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.