Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board , JAMB CAPS Admission Status Guidelines: Accepted, Not Admitted and RECOMMENDED | JAMB recently activated its central admission processing system (CAPS) portal and candidates are now able to check their 2018/2019 admission status online. However, they are some important facts which all UTME and Direct entry candidates must know;
JAMB CAPS Admission Status Guidelines
1. Most of the Candidates have seen ‘NOT_ADMITTED’ notification on their JAMB CAPS PORTAL which simply means that they have not been offered provisional Admission at their Institution of choice.
2. Do not click on the ‘ACCEPT‘ icon until your Admission status changes to ”ADMITTED“. Note that by clicking on the ‘ACCEPT‘ it means you’ve accepted a non-existent Admission.
3 By the time your desired institution releases its admission list, you will see both “ACCEPT” and “DECLINE” icons.
4. You are also not allowed to click on the ‘ACCEPT ‘ icon until you have received an admission notification from the institution of your choice.
5. To those who have already clicked on the ‘ACCEPT‘ icon, your action implies that you have agreed and accepted the Course, and Institution Choice, so you won’t be placed in the JAMB proposed CAPS MARKET PLACE.
6. Candidates should wait for their institution of choice to release its Admission list, which would change their CAPS ADMISSION STATUS from, ‘NOT_ADMITTED’ to ‘ADMITTED’ then the choice is yours whether to click on the ‘ACCEPT’ icon or ‘DECLINE‘ if you don’t want.
7. But if by then it still shows ‘NOT ADMITTED’, then youwill surely be placed in the CAPS MARKET PLACE i.e waiting for schools that couldn’t meet up with their Admission Quota to admit you on request.
8. Lastly, for those who have already clicked on the ‘ACCEPT‘ icon, all you could do to help yourself is to keep praying and hoping to get another chance, for you have automatically disqualified yourself from being returned to the CAPS MARKET PLACE if you were not later admitted.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.