Huawei is a leading global ICT solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
- Has overall responsibility for planning, directing and coordinating activities pertaining to technology projects for a given business unit.
- Ensures that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives
- Monitors project activities, ensuring the currency, quality, and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content
- Works closely with the assigned user community (and through business technologists) to determine how technology might assist in addressing its needs and then translates these needs into system requirements and design specifications
- Ability to lead a project team in a cross functional environment
- Mentor less experienced project managers or those aspiring to move into the PM role
- Clear understanding of all project roles.
- Manage large projects.
- Set and manage stakeholder expectations specific to the project
- Facilitate team and client meetings effectively
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized business solutions and presentations
- Responsible for project and quality of delivery from original concept through final implementation
- Oversee cross-functional projects and exhibit understanding of critical cross module integration points
- Effectively communicate project expectations, goals and scope to the teams
- Communicate project direction, approach, priorities, events and status to all project resources and stakeholders
- Insure project deliverables are on time and on budget while meeting customer satisfaction expectations
- Maintain experience in tracking and managing projects using MS Project or similar PM software
- Handle difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual
- Mitigate project risks and manages issues.
- Manage project scope and change.
- Easily recognize areas for improvement and develops plans for implementation, when possible
- Lend expertise to teams and task forces
- Understand, comply with and enforce standard policies and procedure.
Qualifications & Experience
- 6+ years of IT Project Management experience
- Active PMP certification
- MS Office including Microsoft Project.
- Experience with software development life cycles (SDLC)
- Experience working with external vendors on implementation and delivery
- Experience in managing projects at minimum in TWO infrastructure domains (network, servers, storage, middleware, security, messaging, telecom, databases, applications, backup, DR, data centers etc…..)
- Bachelor’s degree either in computer science, business administration, engineering or a related discipline with an information technology focus;
- ITIL certification is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.