University of Lagos, UNILAG New Sanctions/Penalties For Examination Malpractice
The Senate of the University of Lagos has released approved penalties and sanctions for various cases of examination misconduct as well as instructions to guide students conduct during examinations.
All Deans and Heads of Departments are requested to kindly bring this information to the attention of their students.
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
1.Candidates must attend a minimum of 65% of the lectures for the course; examiners have the right to prevent defaulters from sitting for the examinations.
2.Candidates must be ready to enter the examination hall ten minutes before the time the examination is due to start. Candidates who arrive more than half an hour after an examination has started shall be admitted only at the discretion of the invigilator(s).
3. Candidates may not leave the hall during the examination.
4. Candidates must come with their own writing materials to the examination hall.
5. Communication between candidates is strictly forbidden.
6. The only permissible way of attracting the attention of the invigilator is by the raising of hand.
7. All rough work must be done in the answer booklets and crossed neatly throughout.
8. Candidates are to write legibly. Names are not to be written on the answer booklets. The answers to each question must be started on a separate page.
9. Attendance register is to be signed at the commencement of the examination and as each candidate hands in the script to the invigilator.
10. Candidates must ensure that they have inserted at the appropriate places on the front cover of their booklets, their matriculation numbers and the number of questions answered.
11. Mobile phones must be motivator switched off in examination hall.
Candidates are hereby informed that any student caught or implicated in any act of misconduct would automatically cease to continue with the examination until the case has been declared. The following prescribed penalties will be imposed on anyone cause committing the under listed acts of misconduct. No plea will be entertained.
PENALTIES/SANCTIONS FOR EXAMINATION MISCONDUCT
|2.||Smuggling and Possession of Answer Script||Expulsion|
|3.||Destruction of unauthorised Material||Expulsion|
|4.||Attacking or threatening Invigilators||Expulsion|
|5.||Tendering unauthentic document||Expulsion|
|6.||Failure to submit answer script||Rustication (two semesters)|
|7.||Recidivism:||Expulsion. Except cases listed in 15-19 below|
|8.||Copying from Unauthorised material||Rustication (two semesters)|
|9.||Possession of written materials:||1st Time; Rustication (two semesters)Recidivist: Expulsion|
|10.||Aiding and Abetting others to copy||Rustication (two semesters)|
|11.||Refusal to submit offending materials||Rustication (two semesters) |
|12.||Collaborative Copying||Rustication (two semesters)|
|13.||Refusal to complete Malpractice Forms||Rustication (two semesters)|
|14||Unauthorised communication||1st Time; Warning2nd Time; Rustication(1 Semester)|
|15.||Disruptive Behaviour||1st Time; Warning2nd Time; Rustication(1 Semester).|
|16.||Influencing Examination Official||1st Time; Warning2nd Time; Rustication(1 Semester)|
|17.||Unauthorised Changing of Sitting Position||1st Time; Warning2nd Time; Rustication(1 Semester)|
|18.||Disobeying Examination Instructions||1st Time; Warning2nd Time;Rustication(1 Semester)|
|19.||Other related acts of Examination Misconduct not specifically stated||Penalty shall be determined by the Misconduct Panel.|
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.