Huawei is a leading global ICT solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Unix Linux System Administrator
- Perform UNIX/Linux Systems Administration.
- Maintain & Troubleshoot UNIX infrastructure environment.
- Install, configure, and maintain UNIX server equipment, disk arrays, tape libraries, virtual tape libraries and terminal servers; UNIX routine operation functions; maintain high end UNIX servers and current and new UNIX projects.
- Provide data protection, recovery and business continuity; test and validate disaster recovery and business continuity methods in UNIX environment.
- Perform routine backup and recovery for data protection and integrity for UNIX servers; monitor UNIX infrastructure which consists of complex sets of equipment and system software; provide proactive remediation.
- Perform proactive monitoring for high availability, System data protection, backup and restore, UNIX central authentication, user account management, disk storage management, hardware and OS maintenance, and application maintenance.
- Install, configure and maintain highly optimized Virtualized UNIX environment using Zone/Container, LDOM and VMware virtualization technologies; UNIX High Availability environment consisting of different HA techniques i.e. clustering, load balancing, and cluster file systems; UNIX storage environment using Solaris Disk Suit or Solaris Volume Manager,Veritas Volume Manager and ZFS.
- Minimum of Five(5) years experience providing UNIX/Linux systems administration support for large scale complex environments.
- Unix/Linux systems administration.
- Veritas Cluster Server, Veritas Storage foundation and other High Availability techniques in the UNIX environment.
- Shell scripting and/or Perl scripting experience.
- System level support for Oracle application and database Servers, Java application servers, or other large-scale databases in a UNIX environment.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity in UNIX environment.
- Knowledge of SAN administration
- Extensive knowledge and experience in supporting and troubleshooting networking services and protocols: TCP/IP, NIS, DNS, NFS, LDAP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, SNMP, SSL, HTTP.
- Sun Virtualization technologies: Container and LDOM.
- Linux/Unix Patch management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work within strict deadlines and with a wide spectrum of people.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.