University of Ghana, Legion, is now accepting applications from nationals or permanent residents of eligible West African countries for the Gerda Henkel Foundation Scholarship 2020/2021. The deadline for the submission of applications is 31st January, 2020.
The University of Ghana has received a grant from the Gerda Henkel Foundation of Germany to support the training of PhD students in the Humanities under a project titled Enhancing Doctoral Training in the Humanities in West Africa.
Under the project, the University of Ghana will be the sub-regional hub for the training of PhD scholars in the historical humanities (History, Archaeology, Historical Islamic Studies, Art History, Philosophy, History of Law, History of Science, Prehistory and Early History, Classics and other disciplines with historical component).
Table of Contents
- 1 Gerda Henkel Foundation Scholarship Eligibility.
- 2 Gerda Henkel Foundation Scholarship Funding.
- 3 How to Apply for Gerda Henkel Foundation Scholarship.
Gerda Henkel Foundation Scholarship Eligibility.
- Applicant must have successfully completed a Master’s degree in any of the disciplines listed above, or in a related field.
- Should have excellent academic credentials and demonstrate motivation and commitment to pursue an academic career.
- Has thorough knowledge of the language of instruction (English)
- Applicant must be a national or permanent resident of one of the following West African countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Burkina Faso and Senegal.
Gerda Henkel Foundation Scholarship Funding.
- The project will fund the tuition, accommodation, research, stipend and airfare of international students starting from 2020/2021 academic year.
How to Apply for Gerda Henkel Foundation Scholarship.
The following documents must be submitted to Project:
- Graduate and Undergraduate Certificates
- Graduate and Undergraduate Transcripts
- One-page motivation statement
- PhD research proposal of not more than 3 pages (of 1.5 line spaced minimum) clearly outlining the background, objectives, scope and methodology for applicant’s research.
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae
- Copy of applicant’s passport or national ID card
Completed application forms with copies of required documents should be sent to:
The Provost’s Office
College of Humanities
University of Ghana
P.O Box LG 1173, Legon
Phone: (+233) (0)307080635
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.