Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB Brochure For UTME And Direct Entry – 2018/2019 Admission Process (Download In PDF Here For Free)
As the Registration for the 2018 JAMB UTME will commence this month, we deemed it necessary that they need to know there various subjects combinations and scheme which they need to cover before the examination approaches.
In this Brochure, detailed information on how to complete the Direct Entry (DE) and Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) application forms has been provided. Candidates are advised to read carefully the instructions and information provided herein before filling the Application forms.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE
Candidates should note the following:
1. The guidelines and instructions provided in this Brochure will assist candidates in selecting appropriate institutions and courses and in completing the application forms properly.
The Board will not process any form completed without adhering to the instructions and regulations set out in this booklet.
2. A candidate must have completed or about to complete a full course of training in a Secondary School, Technical College, Teacher Training College or an approved institution of equivalent status.
3. A candidate must have attained the age of sixteen years (16) or would have done so on the first day of October in the year of his/her candidature.
4. UTME candidates must write the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination and attain an acceptable standard in the examination for entry into the course of his/her choice.
5. UTME candidates are advised to use the current syllabus. Past question papers on the examination are available for a fee at the National Headquarters, Headquarters Annexes, Zonal and State Offices of the Board.
6. Candidates who submit more than one set of application forms will be disqualified.
7. Apart from the notification of results, the Board will not enter into correspondence regarding candidates’ performance at the UTME or failure of placement of candidates.
8. The Board reserves the right to withdraw, at any time any result released to candidates or admission offers made, if it is discovered that the candidate cheated at the examination or gave the Board false, incomplete or misleading information.
9. Candidates should note that the Board is free to place high scoring candidates into institutions other than their preferred choices.
10. Any candidate whose scores are low for their chosen courses/institutions could approach other institutions and/or departments for consideration. Such consideration would normally be given after such institutions had taken care of candidates who made such courses either their first or second choice and other high scoring candidates.
UTME SUBJECTS (EXAMINATION REQUIREMENTS)
For a candidate to be offered admission into 100 level of the chosen course in any of the Institutions, he/she must obtain an acceptable level of performance at the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) in subjects RELEVANT to the proposed course/programme of study. The UT ME subjects which are mandatory for the respective courses are set out in this Section of the Tables in this Brochure. All candidates are to note that “Use of English” is mandatory for all courses and has therefore been excluded from the Tables to avoid unnecessary repetition.
INFORMATION ON ADMISSION GUIDELINES
1. The proprietor of each institution provides the Board with guidelines to be adopted in selecting candidates for the respective institutions. For Federal institutions, the Federal Government stipulates that a percentage of the candidates should be selected on merit, another percentage on catchment/locality which in most cases is the geographical or socio-cultural area contiguous to the institution. A proportion is also reserved for candidates from educationally less developed states.
2. Candidates are advised to study this Section and the Section on Remarks/Waiver before Selecting Courses
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the specific entry requirements into each Institution, faculty or department, the following are the general en try requirements approved for admission into first degree courses for both UTME and Direct Entry candidates.
1 Applicants must write the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and attain an acceptable standard in the Use of English (Compulsory) and three subjects relevant to the proposed course of study as set out in the relevant Chapters of this Brochure.
2 Candidate must in addition to attaining an acceptable standard in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination obtain one of the following qualifications.
(a) National Examinations Council (NECO)/ West African Examinations Council (WAEC) Senior School Certificate (SSC) or the School Certificate/General Certificate of Education (SSC/GCE ) or equivalents with credit passes in Five (5) subjects relevant to the course and obtained at not more than two sittings; except where otherwise specified.
(b) Grade II Teacher’s Certificate (TC II) with credit or merit passes in at least Five (5) subjects. PLEASE NOTE THAT TC II IS NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR SOME COURSES IN SOME UNIVERSITIES.
(c) National Technical Certificate (NTC), National Business Certificate (NBC) with credit passes in Five (5) subjects rel evant to the course and obtained at not more than two sittings. For the purpose of NTC/NBC, a credit in any General Education subjects, trade related subjects and trade component subjects is equivalent to a credit in a subject.
3. A credit pass in Mathematics is required for all Science based and Social Science courses except where it is stated otherwise.
4. A credit pass in English Language is required for all courses except where it is stated otherwise.
5 Please note that a matriculated student in any University is not eligible to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) except those who are transferring from foreign Universities.
Entry by Direct Application (DE) (2/3/4/5 – year degree programme).
1. Applicants with one of the following qualifications may be considered for admission by Direct entry:-
(a) A minimum of five (5) subjects passed at not more than two sittings with at least two at the Principal or Advanced level of the G.C.E. and the others, at credit level of the SSC/GCE , NTC/NBC. No subject shall be counted at both Ordinary and Advanced levels.
(b) Passes in two major subjects in the NCE with S.S.C.E , NTC/NBC credits or equivalents in THREE other subjects (mainly for Education Courses). Education may be accepted as a third A/Level subject for those taking courses in Education
(c) Two passes at the IJMB examination or Cambridge moderated Schools of Basic Studies terminal examination or International Baccalaurat e from recognised institutions with SSCE/GCE , NTC/NBC credits or equivalent in three other subjects (SUBJECT TO UNIVERSITY REQUIR EMENTS).
JAMB Brochure and Syllables
Below is the link to download the JAMB Brochure and Syllables In PDF Online.
Download the 2018 UTME Brochure for Colleges of Education
Download the 2018 UTME Brochure for Innovative Enterprise Institute
Download the 2018 UTME Brochure for Polytechnics
Download the 2018 UTME Brochure for Degree Awarding Institutions
- Brochure Introduction
- List of Universities and other Degree-Awarding Institutions in NIgeria
- Specific Entry requirement and other information for individual Universities
- Faculty of Administration
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medical/Pharmaceutical/Health Sciences
- Faculty of Sciences
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- The Complete Brochure
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.