The Partnership for skills in Applied Science, Engineering and Technology, PASET Scholarship Application for PhD Research Students For The 2017/2018 Academic Session Is Out.
Application for the PASET Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF) for postgraduate students has commenced. The RSIF was established by African governments to help create a highly skilled labor force to propel Sub-Saharan Africa’s socioeconomic transformation. It funds PhD scholars in the fields of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology (ASET) fields, to address the region’s acute gap in these fields.
The RSIF is an initiative of the Africa-led Partnership for skills in Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology (PASET). It is administered by the Association of African Universities.
Below are the eligibility requirements for the current Call for Applications.
- Applicants must be citizens of a sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants must have applied to at least one of RSIF’s African Host Universities in at least one of the thematic areas. For the 2017/2018 cohort, the 3 eligible thematic areas are:
– Information Communications Technology (ICT)
– Food security
– Mining, materials and minerals engineering.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree in a relevant field of study. Applicants must be willing to enroll full-time in the PhD program. Students may take on teaching/research assistantship related to their discipline of study on the campus where they are pursuing their PhD program.
PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICANTS WHO:
(i) Are junior African faculty/academic staff with 1-5 years of teaching/research experience but no PhD,
(ii) Have a compelling life history and academic trajectory,
(iii) Demonstrate a commitment to pursuing an academic career beyond the scholarship period,
(iv) Demonstrate leadership potential, such as community service in areas related to PASET RSIF fields of study,
(v) Are women or ethnic minorities; have physical disabilities.
Method of Application:
- Students apply directly to the RSIF host Africa Centers of Excellence (ACEs) for admission, adhering to the centers’ own application procedures
- In parallel, the applicants can apply online for the RSIF scholarship via https://www.rsif-paset.org/apply/
- Host centers review applications and admit qualified candidates into their programs.
- From the admitted candidates, host centers nominate prospective scholars to the RSIF Implementation Unit (RIU) based on RSIF specific academic criteria.
- The RIU then conducts initial screening of applications of nominated scholars and holds interviews (overseen by Executive Committee).
- Following a final screening of scholars shortlisted by the interview committee, selected scholars are notified.
- The RIU organizes an orientation for the successful candidates.
- Scholars enroll and begin program based on the host center’s academic year calendar.
Application Documents Required;
a. Statement of purpose (750 words)
b. Bachelor’s degree certificate and transcript
c. Master’s degree certificate and transcript
d. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
e. Recommendation Letters (submit emails of two references).
The following institutions, competitively selected from the World Bank-funded Africa Centers of Excellence, shall host RSIF’s PhD scholars:
UNIVERSITY OF GASTON BERGER SENEGAL
Africa Center of Excellence for Mathematics, Informatics, and ICT (MITIC)
UNIVERSITY OF FÉLIX HOUPHOUËT-BOIGNY-BOGCÔTE D’IVOIRE
Africa Center of Excellence for Climate Change Biodiversity and Sustainable Agriculture (CCBAD)
SOKOINE UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE TANZANIA
Africa Center of Excellence for Infectious Diseases of Humans & Animals in Southern & Eastern Africa (SACIDS)
AFRICAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY NIGERIA
Pan African Materials Institute (PAMI)
Application ends July 24, 2017 by 5:00pm GMT.We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.