Tempus Public Foundation is now accepting applications from eligible Christian Young People for its 2020/2021 Scholarship Programme. The deadline for submission of applications for the Tempus Public Foundation Scholarship Programme is 31st January, 2020.
The core mission of the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People is to provide the possibility of studying in Hungary for young Christian students living in the crisis regions of the world and/or being threatened in their country because of their faith.
After completing their studies, the scholarship holders will return to help their home community with their gained knowledge, and they will participate in the reconstruction of war-destroyed countries and contribute to improvement of social situation and preservation of culture of Christian communities.
The Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People is based on the cooperation between the State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians and for the Hungary Helps Programme and Churches that pursue humanitarian activities in crisis regions.
Tempus Public Foundation Scholarship Programme Eligibility.
- Open to citizens of the following countries: Egypt, Lebanese Republic, Republic of Iraq, State of Israel, Palestine, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Syrian Arab Republic, Republic of Kenya, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Republic of Armenia and Nigeria.
- Degree programmes at bachelor level and one tier master’s programmes are open to all applicants, while master’s and doctoral programmes are open to those applicants who have completed their bachelor/master studies in the frame of the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People in Hungary or are registered for the last semester of their studies in the 2019/2020 academic year as Scholarship for Christian Young People scholarship holders.
- Scholarship holders must have the relevant language and education certificates, degrees requested by the host university of the selected degree programme.
Tempus Public Foundation Scholarship Programme Benefits.
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend
- Bachelor’s, master’s and one-tier master’s level: monthly amount of HUF 128,520 (cca. EUR 400) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- Doctoral level: the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140,000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180,000 (cca EUR 570) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies.
- free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40,000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period (Please note that if the student does not live in the dormitory, then the HUF 40 000/month (cca. EUR 125) is only a contribution to rental costs, and in bigger cities – especially in the capital city – this contribution would not cover the full amount of rental costs.)
- Reimbursement of travel costs: HUF 200,000 /academic year (cca. EUR 640)
- Medical insurance: health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act LXXX of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65,000 (cca. EUR 205) a year/person
How to Apply for Tempus Public Foundation Scholarship Programme.
All of the following application documents are compulsory for all applicants and must be submitted via the online application system by all applicants until January 31, 2020 (23:59 Budapest time).
- Motivation Letter: minimum 1 page, typed in Times New Roman 12 point letters written in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian, describing why the applicant had chosen the specific studies and how their studies will contribute to the greater benefit of their local community in their homeland.
- Approved recommendation: Recommendation of the local Christian Church to be approved by the State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians and for the Hungary Helps Programme
- Proof of language proficiency and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- School certificates and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Transcript of Records and its translation in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Medical certificate
- Copy of Identification Document
- Acceptance of Statement for Application
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.