Entries are invited form entrepreneurs all around the world for the Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition (CEC) 2020. The deadline for submission of entries is 30th September, 2020.
The Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition (CEC) is a part of the Entrepreneurship Campus and was initiated to empower entrepreneurs all around the world to create innovative answers to global and/or community challenges and to engage in a more peaceful and sustainable world.
You are invited to submit your innovative ideas and projects with a societal impact, which champion and implement one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The SDGs and 169 related targets address the most important social, economic, environmental, health and governmental challenges of our time.
Table of Contents
- 1 Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition Categories.
- 2 Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition Eligibility.
- 3 Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition Prizes.
- 4 How to Submit Entries for Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition.
Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition Categories.
- Youth Competition: The competition offers young entrepreneurs the opportunity to work on their ideas and to exchange ideas, thoughts on entrepreneurship and challenges they face in a global community. It is particularly important to Entrepreneurship Campus to support especially young people in realizing their ideas and entrepreneurial goals. Participants from 13 to 29 years with an idea or project, a concept, solution or initiative with a societal impact that champion and help implement one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals are welcome to join.
- Adult Competition: The Adult category of the Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition is an opportunity for entrepreneurs and wannabe entrepreneurs that are not eligible for the Youth category due to age restrictions. Participants that are 30 years or older with an idea or project, a concept, solution or initiative with a societal impact that champion and help implement one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals are welcome to join.
Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition Eligibility.
The competition is open to
- Anyone who is 13 years old and over with an innovative idea for an enterprise which contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and everyone from 13 years up who is operating such an enterprise in the form of a business, a non-profit organization or an informal program.
- Anyone who is able to submit their entry in English.
- Depending on your age, you either take part in the Youth (13 – 29 years old) or the Adult (from 30 years up) category.
Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition Prizes.
Grand Prize, 2nd Prize, 3rd Prize and People’s Choice Prize winners will be selected in each of the two categories.
- Grand Prize winners will receive a virtual Gold Badge and a Certificate.
- Second Prize winners will receive a virtual Silver Badge and a Certificate.
- Third Prize winners will receive a virtual Bronze Badge and a Certificate.
- People’s Choice Prize winners will receive a virtual Gold Badge and a Certificate.
- Finalists not chosen as prize winners will receive an Honorable Mention Badge.
- In addition to the certificate, the winners of the Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition 2020 also have the chance to receive input and feedback from experts in a 90-minute webinar. This gives you the opportunity to clarify open questions, network, and promote your idea/project and maybe find supporters outside of the CEC community. The topics and corresponding dates will be announced in December.
How to Submit Entries for Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition.
- Step 1: Register online and create your account! (link below). You will receive a confirmation email. In order to activate your account, you must confirm by clicking on the link in the email. If you cannot find the email, please check your spam folder.
- Step 2: In order to participate in the competition, you must submit an idea and/or project in the Youth (13-29 years) or the Adult (from 30 years up) category. Fill out and submit the preliminary entry form.
- Please note: Rejected entries may be refined by the entrants and can be re-submitted up until the entries deadline.
- Step 3: Entries (ideas and projects) that have passed the preliminary screening will be posted on the competition website and will participate in the competition.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.