Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike (MOUAU) has announced a switch to the online mode of instruction to ensure academic activities are not disrupted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic.
Sequel to the Covid -19 pandemic and the directive from the Federal Ministry of Education for Universities to resume academic activities with the use of appropriate E- learning platforms; the management of the University have approved the use of this methodology for her academic activities.
The revolutionary development in the field of information technology and communication (ICT) has brought about a fundamental and major shift in the field of education. Owing to the COVID-19 Pandemic ravaging the world, conventional education is no longer perceived as the most ideal education system.
Distance education, an educational pedagogy which dates long back, is gaining wider recognition, owing to both the flexibility associated with it, and also the growing use of ICT.
Distance-learning programs have become even more popular over the last few years, as the Internet has developed into a reliable channel of learning. Though we have seen the emergence of many Open Universities, at the same time, there has also been the creation of distance education centers at dual mode institutions.
Having said the above, the Learning Management System (LMS) or E-learning platforms, are specialized online platforms that support E-learning; that is, online learning and training delivery through content and communication sharing.
REASONS TO EMBRACE THE E-LEARNING PATH
- Flexibility: Online training courses can be taken at the convenience of both the student and lecturer. This ensures flexibility in terms of time and effort
- Easy On the Pocket: Traditional course trainings require lots of planning, physical copies of materials, transportation and logistics. This results in a higher cost to benefit ratio. Virtual learning environment will cut cost, reduce logistics and encourage accountability.
- Online Support: Online course trainers and lecturers can be mailed and interacted with, when participants have any questions needed for professional development.
- Easy Of Accessibility: Downloadable online notes, online support, online interaction, training videos that can be replayed, and assessments/quizzes that can be taken anytime during the course to help professionals learn better and faster.
Consequent upon this, students and lecturers are encouraged to prepare themselves for this new teaching and learning method.
- Also, students are required to join the MOUAU students’ E Learning support group on Telegram by clicking the link below. https://t.me/joinchat/Prp0MhhzAW8ZD2PhU9BlxQ
- Every student should update their profile data on the portal especially their current functional email address https://mouauportal.edu.ng/login.php
- All students are to download Zoom App using this link https://zoom.us/download or from Google or Apple store and familiarize themselves with the app
- Zoom is also bandwidth friendly.
Further instructions will be out soon on the MOUAU Website and other information channels.
STAY TUNE!!! STAY SAFE!!!
Prof. Gideon Onuekwusi
Director, Information and Communication Technology.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.